Monitoring data downloaded via a phone in real time

MtB

Featured Posts

32 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Its a real old one. E5776. I suspect things have moved on since then, and there are much better offerings out there. I use it when on the other boat.

The narrowboat has a proper router, Teltonika Rut 955 connected to an external aerial. (Idea knicked off Dr Bob, other routers are available).

ETA.Someone mentioned the Whoarewe? B525 a few weeks back, which also looks good.Not cheap, but you must be minted being a boilerman. They also connected it to a standard telephone with a three sim to make use of the included minutes. It looked good to me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-UNLOCKED-300Mbps-mobile-Router/dp/B071CYR18L

Ok fanx.

Mine is a E5330, so if the model numbers are sequential, even older than yours!

The cheap smartphone actually does a perfectly good job, when it isn't hosing data around like it costs nothing, so will prolly stick with that. Can't even remember now why I first mentioned getting a Mifi thing!!

3 hours ago, rusty69 said:

The narrowboat has a proper router, Teltonika Rut 955 connected to an external aerial. (Idea knicked off Dr Bob, other routers are available).

Make sure it is properly connected to the ecofan with the right size diode or the feedback becomes unstable after a few hours running.