-
### ~~ The Virtual Pub Quiz Night ~~ ###
Will your new name be hyphenated ? "Cheshire~rose-CH1 1RO"
-
### ~~ The Virtual Pub Quiz Night ~~ ###
I find the first thing is completly clear my mind. I find this VERY easy to do and it only takes a second or so............................................................................................................ :closedeyes: :closedeyes: Ah where was I Oh yes, and as C~R has said try and find a relevent list. Then pick the answers to fit the questions. If all else fails find someone clever to help you
-
### ~~ The Virtual Pub Quiz Night ~~ ###
Thanks Jan for another great quiz. Allan I found the RSPB book of British Garden Birds was of no help at all.
-
### ~~ The Virtual Pub Quiz Night ~~ ###
Yes Please. Thanks Jan for a fantastic quiz. I feel I now know the London Underground like the back of my hand, and never want to go there again.. :cheers:
-
### ~~ The Virtual Pub Quiz Night ~~ ###
:blush:
-
Military wifes
What has happened to Samantha? She has not sung the solo the last couple of times I've seen the choir on telly.
-
### ~~ The Virtual Pub Quiz Night ~~ ###
Entry submitted, Brain put in fridge to cool down.
-
NB Phoenix absence explained
Just got back from the transplant clinic. The docs are very pleased with my progress. Good advice from Cheshire~Rose regarding being a organ donor. One of my biggest disappointments was having to stop blood donning four years ago when it was discovered I had Luekemia. ( A very treatable version which just required a short course of chemo to zapp it. ) I was just short of 70 donations when stopped. I had always been on the organ donor register and can, thankfully, still remain on it. My sons have stepped in to the blood downing slot and both are registered organ donors. It brings it home how important all this is when you are on the receiving end!
-
NB Phoenix absence explained
And all my best to Wendy. Hope all goes as smoothly as my op. Stay positive.
-
NB Phoenix absence explained
Thanks all, its good to be back. I may even try somthing harder Keith. Such as a good old milk shake. Mind you, I have found an alcohol free larger (Becks Blue) which is not that bad
-
TeeELL started following NB Phoenix
-
NB Phoenix absence explained
Hi again all. 7 weeks ago I was fixed!!! I have a new liver!!! I'm well on the way to full strength. I was discharged from hospital after just 16 days. I feel great and even been doing some painting on the boat. I will never know about the donor apart from they saved my life, unfortunately I will never be able to say thank you. Looking forwards to next year to some serious boating. Hope to see many of you on the cut. All the best. John.
-
NB Phoenix absence explained
May do Keith Hoping to back to Phoenix tomorrow. I have your mobile I'll give you a bell.
-
NB Phoenix absence explained
:lol: Thanks all.
-
NB Phoenix absence explained
Hello one and all. I’m sorry for the long period of absence from the forum and the VP but I’ve had a few problems! It all started last August when my stomach started to swell. I went along to my GP who informed me I was retaining fluid and sent me of to hospital. There they inserted a tube to drain the liquid. 12.5 litres in about 5 hours, so almost 2 stone lighter I left hospital the next day, only to return a week later to have another 8 litres drained off. After loads of tests (including, CT scans, ultrasounds, blood tests, bone marrow biopsy, gastroscope and a liver biopsy.) I was told I had liver problems and interrogated on my drinking habits. Which for a boater was not that high but I was told to stop drinking, which I did. I was prescribed a load of medication to help control things, including laxatives to flush out the toxins. I had to wait until December for some of the test results to come back and during a routine gastroscope visit I was told of the diagnosis. I have “Alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency disorder”. Which is an extremely rare hereditary disorder, not drink related, that causes the filtration system within the liver to block and is causing it to fail. So on the 2nd January I was back in hospital for a 2 week assessment to see if I was suitable for a liver transplant. In early February I was placed on the national transplant list under the team at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge. I was told the average waiting time for a transplant is around 4 to 6 months but can be longer. As things progress, the fluid which is secreted from the failing liver and collected in my abdomen, has now breached my diaphragm and moves up into the right hand side of my chest. This causes my right lung to collapse on a regular basis. To control this a permanent drain was inserted into my chest and I go back to Addenbrooke’s every 4 days to have my chest drained, this can be anything up to 5 litres each time. Apart from the inconvenience of going to hospital twice a week I am actually in good shape. I feel fine as long as the fluid is drained off regularly and I’m able to do most things I did before all this started. I have had to finish work as a firefighter though, but I was due to retire soon anyway. The biggest drawback is the limitation of using the boat. It is moored at Napton in Warkwichshire. We did get a chance to go out for a few days last week and enjoyed the fantastic weather and also saw Bones at Braunston, but I have to stay within 2 hours of Addenbrooke’s Hospital 24/7 in case the the call comes to say they have a suitable liver. All the best and have a drink on me, I'll stick to lemonade for a while. John
-
Beale Park Banter
There for all three days, and will try and spend some of it in the bar.