gas pipe connections

kevinshaw

Featured Posts

ive had all four hobs on and the oven and it all looks the same as when the gas bottle was in the shower room

plus the chandlery told me how and what i needed to do the job , if i needed bigger pipe they would say as thats more money in there pocket

you may be interested to read section 9.1 of the Code of Practice for LPG installations on boats (BSI PD 5482) which states, for example, that for a demand of 10KW, the pressure drop in 8mm bore pipe is 0.7mbar per metre, and in 10mm pipe is only 0.2mbar per metre, and that the loss in the piping from the regulator to the appliance should be no more than 2.5mbar.

................. now you can work it out for yourself. if you need other figures from section 9.1 you only have to ask me.

you may be interested to read section 9.1 of the Code of Practice for LPG installations on boats (BSI PD 5482) which states, for example, that for a demand of 10KW, the pressure drop in 8mm bore pipe is 0.7mbar per metre, and in 10mm pipe is only 0.2mbar per metre, and that the loss in the piping from the regulator to the appliance should be no more than 2.5mbar.

................. now you can work it out for yourself. if you need other figures from section 9.1 you only have to ask me.

BS PD 5842-3 is available free from Manchester library on line. Well, it's the 2005 version, is that current?

Anyway, the BS has to be complied with only if building a boat to RCD. The BSS just requires a good flame pattern with everything lit. So being realistic about it, if the pressure drop was 3 mbar but the flame pattern was good, what is the hazard?

Edited by nicknorman