12 v fridge fettling

onionbargee

Featured Posts

i have aquired a Shoreline 12v fridge with a Danfoss R134A compressor, the pcb control unit is brain dead, i want to test the compressor to see if its worth salvaging for parts, what is the right way to do this ? i want to give it a good test run, say 12 hours, Will it be happy to run direct from a battery ? ( i'll stick a fuse on it ) and if you can tell me which of the 3 pin terminals correspond to which windings that would be good.

All i can download from Danfoss is the fault codes from the control unit, no good to me.

i have aquired a Shoreline 12v fridge with a Danfoss R134A compressor, the pcb control unit is brain dead, i want to test the compressor to see if its worth salvaging for parts, what is the right way to do this ? i want to give it a good test run, say 12 hours, Will it be happy to run direct from a battery ? ( i'll stick a fuse on it ) and if you can tell me which of the 3 pin terminals correspond to which windings that would be good.

Er, no, it's basically like a 3 phase motor and won't run on DC. Best you can do is check the resistance between any of the 3 terminals is the same, to show the windings are likely OK.

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

All i can download from Danfoss is the fault codes from the control unit, no good to me.

R134a is the refrigerant gas used in the compressor. Chances are its a Danfoss BD35 or maybe BD50. Check here for fault diagnosis test.

Edited by by'eck