Pics of our fab new side hatch

Featured Posts

When we were looking to have a new side hatch made for John's boat, various people recommended Martin Kedian (who had done Bones's hatch too). Below are some pics of the hatch in progress and the fitting. We sent measurements, he made the hatch and he and his super-efficient gang came to fit it last week. The whole fitting process was over and done with in just over an hour, and we're very smily indeed.

He could have supplied either a) just the steelwork, to fit ourselves, b.) steelwork supplied and fitted it or c) everything fully fitted including all the woodwork fitted. We did Option B -they have much lovelier metal cutting equipment than the average person, and know what they're doing, but it would be possible to doit yourself fairly easily.

Initial planning in chalk - we didn't want the hatch window-shaped so Martin advised making the whole plate wider to cover all the hole.

outsidesketchup2.jpg

Measurements to Martin

hatchsketchmedium.jpg

A few weeks later, the Team arrive at the crack of dawn and start cutting tidy holes in the boat before the tea's even brewed.

20115hatch123medium.jpg

20115hatch127medium.jpg

20115hatch132medium.jpg

Trying the hatch for size and getting it lined up (the mess inside is our kitchen renovation in progress, not Martin's hole-cutting, honest)

20115hatch134medium.jpg

20115hatch135medium.jpg

Silicone sealant, then it's screwed into place

20115hatch148medium.jpg

The final product, and one happy hatch owner grinning inanely.

20115hatch152medium.jpg

20115hatch154medium.jpg

All in all superb value and lovely to work with Martin and team (sorry guys, it was early morning and pre coffee so despite asking your names twice I've forgotten em three times). Now we have to do the wood lining which will be the next project.

Martin's on the forum if you need to consult.

When we were looking to have a new side hatch made for John's boat, various people recommended Martin Kedian (who had done Bones's hatch too). Below are some pics of the hatch in progress and the fitting. We sent measurements, he made the hatch and he and his super-efficient gang came to fit it last week. The whole fitting process was over and done with in just over an hour, and we're very smily indeed.

He could have supplied either a) just the steelwork, to fit ourselves, b.) steelwork supplied and fitted it or c) everything fully fitted including all the woodwork fitted. We did Option B -they have much lovelier metal cutting equipment than the average person, and know what they're doing, but it would be possible to doit yourself fairly easily.

Initial planning in chalk - we didn't want the hatch window-shaped so Martin advised making the whole plate wider to cover all the hole.

outsidesketchup2.jpg

Measurements to Martin

hatchsketchmedium.jpg

Hi Nicky Thank you so much for your kind words The pic.s look great can you please email them to me for the collection Regards Martin

A few weeks later, the Team arrive at the crack of dawn and start cutting tidy holes in the boat before the tea's even brewed.

20115hatch123medium.jpg

20115hatch127medium.jpg

20115hatch132medium.jpg

Trying the hatch for size and getting it lined up (the mess inside is our kitchen renovation in progress, not Martin's hole-cutting, honest)

20115hatch134medium.jpg

20115hatch135medium.jpg

Silicone sealant, then it's screwed into place

20115hatch148medium.jpg

The final product, and one happy hatch owner grinning inanely.

20115hatch152medium.jpg

20115hatch154medium.jpg

All in all superb value and lovely to work with Martin and team (sorry guys, it was early morning and pre coffee so despite asking your names twice I've forgotten em three times). Now we have to do the wood lining which will be the next project.

Martin's on the forum if you need to consult.

?

Sorry my computer skill is not great better at hatches!!!! I have just put up more pictures I wanted to say thanks to Nicky for her kind words the pictures look great the guys names were Jason and Trevor can you please email me the pictures for the folder Martin