Photo Graphs and Information

davidk65

Featured Posts

I wonder if members could give me some help?

I have been asked at short notice if I would give a talk on canals and all that happens there. If I do it, the talk it would be illustrated with photos using power point. The problem is I have few photos of life on the cut, each time I see something that inspires me I dont have the camera to hand or the batteries are flat. I would like to deal with the history of the system showing development. I would like to have access to photos of the old working boats, horse drawn and later engine powered. I would like to show the development of the different styles of boats from the past to what is around today. I would like to show the different types of locks and their paddle gear.

On this subject, the other day on the Bridgewater, I came across a boat that had once been an ice breaker that had been built in 1902, making her 105 years old and still being used. This time I did get a picture, so now I have to find a way of getting it from camera to my new computer.

So can anyone help with photos I could use, or can you point me in the direction of such material.

If this happened I would of course acknowledge all ownership of material I used.

David.

PS Maybe you would like to email me direct instead of posting contributions on the Forum the choice is yours.

Hi

Cannot help with photo's

Getting photo from camera to computer, if digital instructions, software should have come with the camera, if film then get photo printed and scan it to computer (scanner required).

Hi David.

Perhaps your best short term solution, most people on the forum are very helpful, I am sure you would get a good response if you were a bit specific on what type of photo's you need, I am sure with a direct request you would get lots of suitable 'snaps'.

Thanks John for your suggestion

I Want/I need/I would like the following.

Photo's of life on the canals in it's hey day. Showing the boats and the people transporting manufactured goods and raw material giving an indication of living conditions.

Photo's of varous types/styles of boats from the past to the present, so that I could attempt to show how current boats have evolved over time.

Photo's that show the different types and designs of the bridges that go across the canals and of course tunnel entrances.

Photo's of ancient and modern boat engines.

Photo's of locks and the various types of padle gear that was in use and is in use, that would indicate method of use.

Any drawings and illustrations that could be used in illustrating the wonderful world and life that is ours on the canals and rivers of the UK.

In anticipation, thank you.

David.

Yeah, i would happly digg though my photos for anything i might have, but im not really sure where to start without knowing what you want?

- I havnt got much older than about five years, and most of my photos i have with me are taken with the last two/three.

- However take about 20photos every weekend im out on the boat of anything i consider interesting/special/beautifull and there all digital and right here with me.

Daniel