CENTRAL HEATING SUPPLIERS

Nige

Featured Posts

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone had come across any decent suppliers of second hand central heating bits n bobs - specifically (if such a place exists !) anywhere that sells refurb alde boilers.

I want to install an alde, but the new price tag of £900 plus is way way out of my very tight budget. The squirrell on it's own simply cant do the job on a 62 footer - Im freezing !! (And we havent had a proper cold snap yet...!)

Cheers folks,

Nige

Hey Nige - I have an old Alde boiler as removed from a caravan I broke up. Good news - you can have it for nothing. Bad news - I haven't a clue if it works. I was told that it did.

Hi Alec,

Thanks very much for this kind offer.

I have sent you a private message with some information/questions etc.

Please let me know if you get it.

Cheers Alec,

All the best,

Nige

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Nige - I have an old Alde boiler as removed from a caravan I broke up. Good news - you can have it for nothing. Bad news - I haven't a clue if it works. I was told that it did.

Hi Alec,

Just to let you know that the old alde was beyond repair im afraid - top of it was completely rusted through. But thanks once again for letting me have it - it might have worked !! :banghead:

SO im now back in the same situation and im posing the same question that I hope someone can help me with - can anyone reccomend a source of alde or equivalent type boilers at a reasonable cost ? (I say reasonable as im on an almost non existant budget !!)

Thanks all,

Nige

Edited by Nige

The squirrell on it's own simply cant do the job on a 62 footer - Im freezing !! (And we havent had a proper cold snap yet...!)

Why not? It does my entire 70 footer no problem at any time of year. Usually have to open windows because it's too hot.

Gibbo

Hi Alec,

Just to let you know that the old alde was beyond repair im afraid - top of it was completely rusted through. But thanks once again for letting me have it - it might have worked !! :banghead:

SO im now back in the same situation and im posing the same question that I hope someone can help me with - can anyone reccomend a source of alde or equivalent type boilers at a reasonable cost ? (I say reasonable as im on an almost non existant budget !!)

Thanks all,

Nige

Beware caravan type Aldes

They may well draw combustion air through the floor, this is against the BSS and you require one with a balanced flure making it room sealed.

There may be an exemption for existing equipment, but its not worth the risk.

How about a back boiler for the stove and a gravity central heating system to rads at the other end of the boat. Might rads by skipology.

As the Alde uses soem electricity you could go for a pumped stiove heated system.

Tony Brooks

Beware caravan type Aldes

They may well draw combustion air through the floor, this is against the BSS and you require one with a balanced flure making it room sealed.

There may be an exemption for existing equipment, but its not worth the risk.

How about a back boiler for the stove and a gravity central heating system to rads at the other end of the boat. Might rads by skipology.

As the Alde uses soem electricity you could go for a pumped stiove heated system.

Tony Brooks

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the info. Im actually looking quite urgently to get away from the Squirell stove, as the dust is affecting me quite badly through allergies and asthma - hence me looking at alde's etc.

I guess that I'll just have to save up to buy an alde new and not stay on the boat until I have got rid of the squirell :P

But thanks for replying,

Cheers,

Nige

You never know your luck.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alde-comfort2923-hea...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hi David & Julie,

I had seen this on ebay myself and I did bid on it - but was unsucessful. The seller removed it from the auction as it was sold elsewhere :P So i missed out there too !!

Cheers,

Nige

:rolleyes: Hi

I'll keep an eye out for any units with minor transit damage in the future.

Best Regards

Leigh

info@alde.co.uk

www.alde.co.uk

Hi there mate,

Thanks very much for that - it would be very very deeply appreciated.

Cheers,

Nige

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes: Please no questions ;)

I dont get the chance to get on the internet forums often enough, but if you want to email me any questions I will usually get back to you with an answer within 48hrs or just contact the office for an immediate response.

leigh@alde.co.uk

info@alde.co.uk

01933 677765

Best Regards and Happy New Year.

Leigh Marsden

Shut Down 21st Dec - 2nd Jan