Mooring Tender... BW

grahoom

Featured Posts

Hello,

I am new here - but have been looking into buying a narrowboat for a while now.

due to my current location (i live in brighton), the idea of buying a narrowboat, although appealing, was never practical (as i was to live on it, and the canal networks down here are less than desirable!!!) - but i might be moving to the oxford area soon - i've been looking into the issue of mooring (as it seems the sensible way round, finding somewhere for the boat before the actual boat).

i've just noticed on the BW web site that they will be trialing a process where mooring will be put out for tender to the highest bidder - while part of me is thinking this gives me a chance to find a mooring (with out the need for a waiting list) i also see this as rather a raw deal for the people who have been on the waiting lists for x amount of time and now find them self confronted by a bidding war with other people.

what are the general views on this?

Here is a thread about one unsucsessful bidder and some good discussion.

Here is a thread regarding a petition against. I believe they already got a rather disappointing response to that.

And finally, the original 12 pages of discussion on the topic.

Edited by Jason Wilson and Family

ah thanks, you can tell i am new, i posted this thread then realised i hadn't searched the forum properly!