Victron Battery Protect

Featured Posts

Hi there Canal World! 

I’m wondering if anyone can help me, I’d like to install a Victron battery protect on my Narrowboat to protect my batteries. I’m unsure of which model would be best suited? 65/100/220A? My battery bank is 4 x Trojan t-125 240Ah (480Ah 12v in total) although soon to be 6 x so 720Ah. 

I’m not sure what other information might be needed but I can provide it if need be...

many thanks! ?

There’s really no difference in the models bar the amount of amps they can handle.   For this you need to know what your batteries power and what amps they use, especially high powered items like if you have a inverter.   Battery config is irrelevant here.

Edited by Robbo

Yep,  if you have something like a 3kw inverter/combi then you won’t be able to go via the protect tho.

if your adding the protect between your main fuse distribution board and battery, then usually (that really be a should be!) there is a main fuse as well, this would be the rating you need.  

Edited by Robbo