What a pity

5thHorseman

Featured Posts

Did the Warwickshire ring last week and were very lucky with the weather (have the sunburn to prove it) but ...

The run into Bordesley on the GU was sooo.... depressing, every square inch of flat surface for about 5 miles was covered with graffiti.

Talked to a BW guy at Bordesley and he said, in a resigned voice, pointing to the lock beams covered in scrawls "if we repainted these today by this time tomorrow they would be covered again"

So - what a pity that such a lovely gateway to a great city is turned into a threatening, desolate, "Blade runner" sort of place.

Stone throwers at Yardley and bottle throwers at Bordesley didn't help either.

5th

Did the Warwickshire ring last week and were very lucky with the weather (have the sunburn to prove it) but ...

The run into Bordesley on the GU was sooo.... depressing, every square inch of flat surface for about 5 miles was covered with graffiti.

Talked to a BW guy at Bordesley and he said, in a resigned voice, pointing to the lock beams covered in scrawls "if we repainted these today by this time tomorrow they would be covered again"

So - what a pity that such a lovely gateway to a great city is turned into a threatening, desolate, "Blade runner" sort of place.

5th

Maybe you could have a word with the first 4 Horsemen and get them to pay a visit? :blush:

Edited by AllanW

5th

We did that route a fortnight ago. The graffitti was completely depressing. Although, I have to say, Stratford-Upon-Avon is getting more and more graffitti on it's lock gates and bridges too - I don't see anyone removing it. Would that be a job for the council or for BW, I wonder?

We did that route a fortnight ago. The graffitti was completely depressing. Although, I have to say, Stratford-Upon-Avon is getting more and more graffitti on it's lock gates and bridges too - I don't see anyone removing it. Would that be a job for the council or for BW, I wonder?

Hope you made time to stop at the Boot in Lapworth on the way around - my all time favourite for pub food!

I know what you mean about the Graffiti around Stratford, the council and BW have gone to great lengths to make the basin so very attractive it's a pity they don't invest a bit of time and money on the final mile of the canal...

Allan

Maybe you could have a word with the first 4 Horsemen and get them to pay a visit? :blush:

I think the problem is that my colleague pestilence must have already been up the GU.

I should point out I am only responsible for Chaos (as per Terry Pratchet's book) and my powers are strictly limited the a 5 foot circle around my person. This circle does, unfortunately, often include the tiller, engine hole, eberspacher heater, batteries, weed hatch and boat electrics - need I say more? :lol:

5th

I think the problem is that my colleague pestilence must have already been up the GU.

I should point out I am only responsible for Chaos (as per Terry Pratchet's book) and my powers are strictly limited the a 5 foot circle around my person. This circle does, unfortunately, often include the tiller, engine hole, eberspacher heater, batteries, weed hatch and boat electrics - need I say more? :blush:

5th

Ah so you're Ronnie and run a Dairy in your spare time? LOL

(That's probably incomprehensible to non TP fans!)

Ah so you're Ronnie and run a Dairy in your spare time? LOL

(That's probably incomprehensible to non TP fans!)

Coincidentally my son-in-law is a dairy farmer and my grandson apprentice can be seen under training in June’s photo competition

Well, after all DEATH, does have an apprentice called Mort.

(with apologies to non TP fans)

5th