Gangplank

Featured Posts

We have just brought a new softwood gangplank as our last was so rotten it crumbled. My question is, what is the best paint to use to prolong the life of this one. Primer, undercoat, brands that are good??? Also any advise on how to make it none slip would be greatly apprciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

We have 2 scaffold planks, one shorter than the other with non slip strips tacked to them. They're tannelised wood, so we haven't treated them, they last pretty well given the constant use. I would suggest a wood treatment from one of the diy stores rather than painting them, unless you put something non slip on them, the painted surface will be slippery when wet. 

Likewise, scaffolding plank with the metal bits taken off the end. Left unpainted they last a while and then are replaced from my stock of scaffolding planks. One day I will fall through my scaffold due to a lack of pranks but that is another storey. (sic). The planks vary considerably in density so I choose the lightest ones.

3 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

Likewise, scaffolding plank with the metal bits taken off the end. Left unpainted they last a while and then are replaced from my stock of scaffolding planks. One day I will fall through my scaffold due to a lack of pranks but that is another storey. (sic). The planks vary considerably in density so I choose the lightest ones.

Oh do tell .................:D