Trent & Mersey (Gt Haywood)

MarkAdrian

Featured Posts

Hi Guys, maybe this should be in the Stoppages section, I will let Admin decide. But I had this info from the contractor not BW.

They say that they plan to start pumping water from the T&M into the new marina over the bank holiday weekend. Apparently BW will be sending more water than usual down from Stone to the GT Haywood area. So I guess there will be "a current".

There is some heavy plant canalside along with a dredger and north bound craft have right of way over south bound. The marina entrance and works are past the turning for the Staffie (northbound) and approx 2mins south of Hoo Mill Lock.

Hope this helps, I only had this info this evening.

Well we had a nice weekend at the boat, but no signs of activity at the new marina, there's still a roll of liner material in the basin and the temporary sump is still there, so apologies guys, all I can say is take care on this stretch of water and if your passing the kettle's usually on.

That's good to know....

we're moving from Market Drayton on the Shroppie to Great Haywood when it opens it will hopefully be better for weekend runs out than Drayton - it's currently either Audlem or Tyrley+woodseaves twice every weekend. Playing havoc with the paintwork...

I may swing past in the car tomorrow as I'm running up from Solihull to Drayton for a night on the boat.

Thanks,

Simon.

Hi Mark, interesting to hear the news re the new marina, trying to work out where it is being developed as there is a relatively newish marina near Hoo Mill Lock, which is probably a couple of years old now we think?

Kiwis

Hi Guys, maybe this should be in the Stoppages section, I will let Admin decide. But I had this info from the contractor not BW.

They say that they plan to start pumping water from the T&M into the new marina over the bank holiday weekend. Apparently BW will be sending more water than usual down from Stone to the GT Haywood area. So I guess there will be "a current".

There is some heavy plant canalside along with a dredger and north bound craft have right of way over south bound. The marina entrance and works are past the turning for the Staffie (northbound) and approx 2mins south of Hoo Mill Lock.

Hope this helps, I only had this info this evening.