sterling ab12060

micky1010

Featured Posts

I have the above alternator to battery split charger and a warning light has just come on it which is for high alternator volts, after checking the manual it says to check the output at the back of the alternator which i have and this is 14.6 volts which sounds about right to me. Could there be another fault or is the warning light incorrect and the device possibly on its way out?

No idea I'm afraid, but I do know it is very easy to line up the light and its label incorrectly unless you can look at the unit absolutely square on. I usually count the lights and labels from one end. I have a lot of Sterling kit and have always found Sterling's tech support to be very helpful. Tel is 01905 771771

Edited by colinwilks

I have the above alternator to battery split charger and a warning light has just come on it which is for high alternator volts, after checking the manual it says to check the output at the back of the alternator which i have and this is 14.6 volts which sounds about right to me. Could there be another fault or is the warning light incorrect and the device possibly on its way out?

Seeing the way the A to B works I would say that is too high a voltage. I would expect (without any data) maybe 13.5 or less. Not too sure what happens when it goes into float though.

It puts a low resistance circuit between the alternator and earth so the alternator produces maximum current and then uses electronics to do similar to a solar MTTP controller. Boosts the voltage and reduces the current. As there is no connection between alternator and battery such units can not be easily disconnected.