Skipton Waterways festival

allybsc

Featured Posts

I once took my old Norman 20 down the Springs Branch, right to the end, could only just turn round, it felt like I was going up the Amazon or something, absolutely awesome, could recomend it to anyone as long as you are either very short (boat length) or you are good at reversing!!

We've just tied up back in Blighty after a decent sail back up. We had a great weekend down in Skipton, not been to a rally for about ten years or so (got a touch of "Rally-itis") but we really have enjoyed ourselves. Well done to the organisers!

It was good of the Soapmaker and her steerer to show us around their boat, a real classy piece of work. The present Mrs Travis reckons I'll be back on one soon. Little does she know....

Going to email the team at Pennine my congrats straight after a couple at the Anchor.

Are going next year? TOO RIGHT!

Andy.

We've just tied up back in Blighty after a decent sail back up. We had a great weekend down in Skipton, not been to a rally for about ten years or so (got a touch of "Rally-itis") but we really have enjoyed ourselves. Well done to the organisers!

It was good of the Soapmaker and her steerer to show us around their boat, a real classy piece of work. The present Mrs Travis reckons I'll be back on one soon. Little does she know....

Going to email the team at Pennine my congrats straight after a couple at the Anchor.

Are going next year? TOO RIGHT!

Andy.

Im determined to be there too next year - I've missed out three years on the trot now !!!

Had a cracking weekend, lots of fun, lots of red wine, lots of music, met lots of nice people including Janet plus friends and Andy and his wife from Travis, lovely lovely people. I think we raised about £225 quid from tin rattling and boat tours, we answered the same questions about a hundred times...do you live on it? NO, how much did it cost? !!!!! is it warm in winter? Yes etc. I tried to visit John a couple of times but he was deep in conversation, we'll meet eventually. I can heartily recommend it to any one who wants to go next year, it was just busy enough to be interesting but not chaotic. I had a look around Travis.....WHAT A BOAT! I was well impressed, gorgeous. The Clarke family from Pennine cruisers did a wonderful job of organising the festival with help from the Craven cruising club and Vaughan Jones from Pendlebury (?) council, they have my admiration and gratitude. I can't wait for next year. We had our pictures taken by the local papers, just seen them on the Bradford Telegraph and Argus web site, we look like a bunch of scruffs, all jolly good fun.