Relish broadband – unlimited broadband in London on 4G

AftApeth

Featured Posts

Just came across this curious offering from a broadband company called Relish. Their home broadband service apparently just requires a power socket since it runs on a 4G network. Data is uncapped. I wonder whether they would provide the service to boats.

https://www1.relish.net/athome

Curiously, they also offer 'On the move' (mobile) broadband that uses a portable MiFi device, but this is capped to 20G max (and more expensive than ee) so isn't particularly attractive. As for the home broadband though, presumably if you're in one place most of the time and can power the indoor hub provided, it makes no different to the company whether you're on land or not?

That is exactly what I have here in Spain. The router is one that accepts a phone type sim card. My router plugs into the mains for it's power and uses an adapter which converts 240v to 12v. The adapter has a jack plug to fit the router. The sim will also work in a mifi which is rechargeable. I get 4g and 20mbps but it's possible to get much more. If you are wondering how reliable it is you can compare it with your phone's tethering. I get a lot of whatsapp voice calls from uk to Spain and it's faultless.

edit: Relish only works in London so no good for a moving boat though in my case the sim also works in a mifi.

Edited by bigste

I know of at least one boater in London who had the home version but their network only covers a relatively small area of London and very little of the London canal network so they ditched it.

The company is not doing very well financially so I wouldn't hold my breath regarding expansion.