Tracer remote problem

Cosmic

Featured Posts

I have a Tracer 2210 MPPT controller with an MT-5 remote display. I unplugged the MT-5 to reroute the cable, and reconnected it shortly after. Ever since, the display has been kaput. Every icon on the screen is visible, and none of the buttons does anything.

The battery voltage is around 13.7V (depending where I measure it there are some silly voltage drops), which suggests the controller itself is still doing its stuff. Beyond that, I'm at a bit of a loss regarding fault finding. It could be the MT-5, the cable or the controller interface gone.

Any ideas?

As the lamps lit briefly,have you checked the fuse?

I think you will find the screen is f%@€£$d. It happens, I have seen 2 with the same problem, cause by similar happenings. One was brand new so replaced under warranty by Bimble

It doesn't affect the controller so gives you time to save up £20 for new one.

• Greenie 1

I think you will find the screen is f%@€£$d. It happens, I have seen 2 with the same problem, cause by similar happenings. One was brand new so replaced under warranty by Bimble

It doesn't affect the controller so gives you time to save up £20 for new one.

That's really helpful, thanks!!

Are there any rules for connecting the new one, then? Such as only connecting it at night, or connecting the display before the panel?