Decking Material

Featured Posts

Hi

I am planning to replace the plywood rear deck on my narrowboat. I have seen some material that I might like to use but do not know what it is or where to obtain it. It is brown in colour and looks a bit like Bakelite and has a circular embossed pattern on it.

Anyone know what I am trying to identify please?

cheers

Paul Jackson :D

Hello Paul

I posted for similar information a while ago in the equipment forum and got some useful information. I tried to post a link to it but could not work out how. If you search for "deck board" with poster "Speedwell" you should find it.

Here is a link to a site that I found useful.

http://www.whittleflooringcompany.com/products.htm

Regards

Arthur

Pheonel coated flooring is used in the commercial vehicle industry for flooring trucks etc. Its exactly as described with one face antslip, I have it right throughout the boat for flooring and a section of the deck as well. I can get it for £31 per 8 x 4 sheet @ 18mm thick (Comes in various thickness' 22mm is probably the most common for trucks but a bit heavy for the boat). But depends where you are of course.

Pheonel coated flooring is used in the commercial vehicle industry for flooring trucks etc. Its exactly as described with one face antslip, I have it right throughout the boat for flooring and a section of the deck as well. I can get it for £31 per 8 x 4 sheet @ 18mm thick (Comes in various thickness' 22mm is probably the most common for trucks but a bit heavy for the boat). But depends where you are of course.

Hi

Thanks for the info. That sounds a really good price. Does your supplier offer a cutting service as well?

regards

Paul Jackson

The supplier doesnt but I can get it cut for you. You will have to buy the whole sheet though. It can be a bit of a bugger to cut as well as the coating is hard and can chip fairly easily

The supplier doesnt but I can get it cut for you. You will have to buy the whole sheet though. It can be a bit of a bugger to cut as well as the coating is hard and can chip fairly easily

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I actually need 2 sheets in order to get all the bits I require and these need cutting into 6 pieces.

If you are willing to help me how can we go about this?

cheers

Paul J

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

I actually need 2 sheets in order to get all the bits I require and these need cutting into 6 pieces.

If you are willing to help me how can we go about this?

cheers

Paul J

Of course I can help.

Where are you?

• 2 months later...
Phenol coated flooring is used in the commercial vehicle industry for flooring trucks etc. Its exactly as described with one face antislip, I have it right throughout the boat for flooring and a section of the deck as well. I can get it for £31 per 8 x 4 sheet @ 18mm thick (Comes in various thickness' 22mm is probably the most common for trucks but a bit heavy for the boat).

Any chance you could get me a board, and cut into 4 manageable sections?

Cash in hand plus a couple of beers :rolleyes:

How much more is the 22mm?

Any chance you could get me a board, and cut into 4 manageable sections?

Cash in hand plus a couple of beers :rolleyes:

How much more is the 22mm?

Yep, can get you a board, got one here now.

It actually 21mm, I'll find out the cost and let you know.

If you want the 18mm I can get it cut to whatever sizes you want and TNT it to your work, all at cost, you could have it tomorrow if you like?

Yep, can get you a board, got one here now.

It really is a pain in the proverbial posterior, not being able to get online at w**k.

Thanks for that, PM heading your way very shortly.