Eberspacher fault codes

GUMPY

Featured Posts

Reading the fault codes on my remote, can anyone tell me if F1 is more recent than F5.

The reason I ask is that I have a fault (batteries went flat) that happened on a specific date in the F5 position and I want to know if F1-4 happened after that or before.

I'm pretty sure F1 is more recent than F5

The following from an 801 modulator manual

With the heater switched on, press and hold key until the display shows ‘dA’. The blue LED will briefly illuminate. Release the key. After a short time the LED flickers momentarily during diagnostic data transfer then goes off. The display shows FO followed by its fault code then automatically scrolls through any previously stored fault codes, up to a maximum of 5.

Hope this helps

Roger

Yes that's pretty much what my manal says only different buttons.

I've had a couple of shutdowns, after an hour of use F1-F4 showed fault 31 and I would assume that the combusion motor fault would preclude any chance of it working at all.

Edited by Loddon

I would assume that the combusion motor fault would preclude any chance of it working at all.

Not necessarily, if the motor is slowing down enough to give the heater a very rich flame when the whole lot gets warmed up it can (and does) result in a flame out.

Not necessarily, if the motor is slowing down enough to give the heater a very rich flame when the whole lot gets warmed up it can (and does) result in a flame out.

Presumably that would show as something like fault 54 rather than 31 which is what I had.

I suspect faults 1-4 which were all 31 preceded fault 5 which was 11 as the batteries finally died.