Eberspacher D3LCc ECU reset

The Commodore

Featured Posts

Hi All ,

Eberspacher problem, after overheat a few times the unit has now gone to lockout, my problem is the control is a Rheostat, i have had issues in the past with lockout but had managed to find info on the net explaining how by linking across 2 conections on the Rheostats connector block it would reset the ECU, i unfortunetly did not take note of which connection it was and cannot now find the information, anyone assist me please ?

Edited by The Commodore

Just a couple of quick questions before I think any more about this, as you have a standard rheostat and not a 701 or 801 controller how do you know that this is an overheat (or rather multiple failed start lock out) lock out? Overheats do not lock the heater, they auto reset after cooling. Lock outs occur after multipe failed starts, either 10 or 20 dependant on wheter a flame was detected during start up or not.

Hi NMEA, Thanks for replying.

Im honestly not sure at all as the unit is used by other members of my family when im not around so im not sure how many times it has failed. It seemed to me that it last failed when the rheostat had been turned up on a couple of occasions, the stat started blinking and it all shut down, now as soon as it is switched on it just blinks, i have checked power and fuse and all good. i am prity sure this happened to me some years ago and this linked connection cured the problem, i can't be 100% sure as my brain cells are not what they used to be.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

OK I understand and would love to help further, but without definitive informationon pointing to an actual rather than percieved fault I (and anybody else) would just be stabbing in the dark.

And it may lead you up the garden path, so to speak. What I can do is let you have a workshop manual for the heater if you PM me an email address. That will give you a logical progession in diagnosing the fault and rectifying it without being sidetracked. Might be worth investing in a 701 or 801 controller from ebay so any future faults can be tracked more easily.

• 1 month later...

801 should give 5 historic fault codes. Manual sent.

Ok, so I fitted the 801 and cleared the faults ( 12 / 33 )and away it went, for around 20 minutes, then again it cuts out with a e52- safety time exceeded ?

heater seems to be running normally but starts to slow down too soon, but I notice that the pump is still running full belt, then it stops.

Sounds suspiciusly like an overheat situation, or at least the sensors think it is overheating.

Just one further question, is this a genuine marine unit or one sourced from a truck or similar.

Well in frustration and with nothing to loose i went at this myself, i firstly noticed that a touch on the fan blades of the blower fan would see the heater roar into action, brushes!, after a murderouse time in getting the blower motor apart (combustion fan removal) sure enough, brushes were knackered, made up a set from a set of washing machine brushes sanded down with a sheet of 400grit paper, decide to replace bearings whilst there, 626zz bearings, all back together and awaiting refit.

I think the error code E33 that indicates an issue with fan speed pointed me in the write direction, great job in the diognostics on these controlers.

Well in frustration and with nothing to loose i went at this myself, i firstly noticed that a touch on the fan blades of the blower fan would see the heater roar into action, brushes!, after a murderouse time in getting the blower motor apart (combustion fan removal) sure enough, brushes were knackered, made up a set from a set of washing machine brushes sanded down with a sheet of 400grit paper, decide to replace bearings whilst there, 626zz bearings, all back together and awaiting refit.

I think the error code E33 that indicates an issue with fan speed pointed me in the write direction, great job in the diognostics on these controlers.

Great job! ?