Wanted lister HR BARRELS x2

Blue staff

Featured Posts

I'm looking for 2 genuine (oe) lister Hr series barrels.does anyone know of a source .

Apart from the remade Indian ones . Would prefer new standard bore. But gladly consider other options. Many thanks in advance.

Air or water cooled ?

I do have some low hours HRW barrel and piston assemblies available.

Air cooled, I have made various enquires , I recently purchased some Indian ones but were poor so they had to be returned.

I have genuine barrels , but they would need machining to +.40. Wanted to see what was around first as some old stock standard would be nice..

With my professional hat on, (Marine Engine Services (Midlands) I do have a couple of original one that have been sleeved and re-bored to standard.

I also have a stock of used ones I Can get lined and bored.

I buy my new stock from Lister's current supply chain, and I'm getting the impression that some of the more modern genuine Lister parts are actually being sourced from India. As the supplier says, they are genuine Lister because Lister are commissioning them and they are going through their quality procedure.

I suspect that's not what's meant by the OP saying original Lister OE quality though.

Sadly they are just about non existent unless you happen to stumble on a stash under someones bench (and I'm sure there are some out there if only we knew where.)

Sue

• 4 months later...

I'm looking for 2 genuine (oe) lister Hr series barrels.does anyone know of a source .

Apart from the remade Indian ones . Would prefer new standard bore. But gladly consider other options. Many thanks in advance.

I have just put a new Lister Barrel on my blog (kevinbsa) so it could be what your looking for ?