Another 'rubber duck' award........

Supermalc

Featured Posts

Supposed to be a decent day weatherwise, however it never really materialised, but I went down anyway. The idea was to do the springclean, but I took the canopy and in the end, just put it back on. It was still only mid afternoon, and the decompressor cable had come off when I started it up, so after reconnecting it, I ran the engine. The boat was just floating, and so a good time to clear the mud, I ran it in gear after taking the stern rope off, and attaching one to the centre so I could hold the back end out.

After a while, when I shuffled the boat up and down and in and out, to try to clear some of the mud from around it, I had cleared some of it, well from the looks of the river.

I stopped and got ont he jetty, which was wet and slippery from a fine rain. I was just attaching the rear rope again when my feet slipped. Had my boat been moored I'd have been fine......but it wasn't, so I pushed it away, and with nothing to stop me I slid in. It was only about 3 feet deep, and my head didn't go under, but was I pleased I had the stove. I'd had lit it earlier, so it was warm in the boat, but required relighting. I nearly always take a change of clothes, just in case, so no real problems, but the water had all the mud of ages stirred up, and it was foul.

The stove was soon burning nicely, so I stripped and washed when the kettle boiled. Once changed I was soon dry and warm but...........