Starting the groove......

Supermalc

Featured Posts

In the river that is.

I had a trip upstream to Southrey and back.....lovely day on the way, could have been summer. Took ages as I was towing another boat.......9mins a kilometer. There was a bit of a flow as I got back in 1 1/4 hours. No rush only I didn't want to be too long in the dark.....and it would be past tea time when I got home.

Boat ran ok. Oil pressure came up everytime, so that appears to be sorted. While mooring the other boat at Southrey Wud stopped, and I had a bit of a job to restart. I've got a new needle valve for the govenor, but as they only last a couple of months or so before getting a flat, and so needing resetting, I'm leaving it until the last mintute if possible.

Met plenty of decent people too. When I arrived this morning another local chap was there. He's been looking at these old boats with a view to buying one ....... several years I think? Anyway, decent chat and a cuppa. While talking to him another couple came to view a boat across the river. The one I towed up last year, then drove back. Lovely 24ft narrowbeam cruiser. Very cheap as well, as the prop is too small, so it's slow. Excellent Ford diesel engine. It's gone a bit green down the side, as they do, and the couple of men weren't interested? If I was thinking of cruising around the system this is definately the boat I would have, as it's the best compromise I've seen between, room, living and boating.

Then later, when I got back I saw Gavin was there so went for a chat with him, also with Sam (Purple Fairy) on passing.

Only 3 weeks to go until the season starts........and I've not done my canopy yet. Mind you I've a good excuse. I ordered the zips over 2 weeks ago, and either the've forgotten, or they are lost. Try again I suppose. So I've done 20 miles already this year.