Wiring a Dometic CTS 4110 Cassette Toilet

Featured Posts

Over the last month or two Largo has had a bit of a loo problem what with the pump out tank disintegrating and leaving me with 120 odd gallons of poop to get out by hook and by crook!

The decision was not to replace the tank, but to to do away with the Macerating toilet and install a Thetford cassette set up!

Well, because of the position that the toilet has to be in and that it's in a through fair, the Thetford would stick out quite a bit more, I have decided to go for the Dometic CT4110 cassette loo!

I know Mrsmelly wont like it, Sorry Tim, but needs must and I didn't want to spend the next few years banging my knees up against something that could be avoided when walking through the boat one end to the other!

However, dispite me thinking that I have the water pipe to hand and the power for the old toilet in just the right place. I was of the opinion that as soon as one pressed the button my own water system would pump the water into the bowl, but,it seems that there is a third wire that needs connecting, and it has somewhat thrown me out a tad, and I would like a helping hand as to where to put it!

Am I right in thinking that this lone wire needs to go down to the freshwater waterpump and be connected to the positive side of it?

My water pump is only a couple of feet away, so distance would be quite small.

I have enclosed a pic of the wiring needed as stated by Dometic. Sorry if this turns out to be a bit big!

Nipper

DSC_0074a_1.jpg

Edited by nipper

I'd say that wire is for when using the toilet in a caravan with a

Micro switched water pump system and would not be required in your

boat installation, as your water system is pressure switched, so would see the drop

in pressure as the flush valve opens , and run the pump as required.

Hth

andy

yes, that was what i imagined would happen, but the instructions threw me.

As it is i think tomorrow will be a very hot day and i have chosen to fit the loo in the smallest area there is!

I'll ignore the wire and see what happens after i have fitted the toilet.

Thanks for the input Andy

Nipper

The Dometic CTS 4110 is very straight forward to fit.

But, the fitting of pipework to the unit requires a degree of ingenuity.The toilet comes with a soft rubbery pipe with a double ended connector, and it's this connector that caused me some problems.

In the end, I increased the diameter of the connector with amalgamating tape and pushed a piece of Largo's water hose on it and then put two jubilee clips to it.

I then pushed the other end of the hose onto a piece of pipework with the aid of some washing up liquid and also fitted two more clips. Conected that up to the main cold water system.

Connected up the wiring and pushed the little button on the toilet and hey, it actually worked!

Have fun!

Nipper

Edited because of schooolboy speeling!

Edited by nipper

Hiya!

Yes. just connect to the positive and the negative.

The blue wire I have not used!

The whole toilet works beautifully!

Nipper