Radford Canal Festival - Line up and tickets

Featured Posts

I know people have followed the restoration of the coal canal at Radford with interest, and are aware that we are hosting a festival there this summer 4th and 5th July.

We are now selling advance tickets on the website which is here. We have to charge something to help us recover our costs given the entertainment, but have kept prices as low as possible - a family ticket for the weekend (2 adults plus kids) including Saturday night camping is £30.

There will be around 600 yards of canal with some boats to see, including a small trip boat. The entertainments include music, family entertainers, a musical drama about William Smith the canal engineer and father of Geology, food and craft stalls. We're hoping to have a treasure hunt for all the family.

More details and online tickets here - it's growing all the time so the website is already out of date!

http://radfordcanalfestival.org/

Just to add, the canal and the boats, and quite a lot else probably, isn't in the ticketed area although music, films etc will be. Tickets will be available on the day (although slightly more expensive): Tickets include parking as well, although it's perfectly practical to walk to the site along the Limestone Link!

• 2 months later...

I'm about to post significant changes - but as they are "news" I'm starting a new thread which will need to be approved by the moderators. All I will say here is that the event is going ahead but, to some, will be significantly different to that advertised.

The new event is here

http://www.radfordmill.co.uk/canal.html

I will make no further comment in this thread