BW colours , the dark blue variant

madcat

Featured Posts

Anybody know what the best colour match is to the darker blue scheme . Oxford blue looks like a contender but what does everybody else think .

RALor BS numbers are fine , I've colour cards for them . Pantone I have real problems with as I've no access to the colour charts .

Im assuming a good chrome yellow would do for the top band of the counter.

Hello. We use dulux weathershield as it is pretty cheap and works well on wood, but i guess you will use coach enamel. However for what its worth "Wild Water 1" is almost a direct match for Craftmaster BW blue wich i understand is pretty accurate. Severn is painted in oxford blue and i can conform it is not the same, its much brighter. This is probably not very useful as i doubt dulux match any RAL codes... The yellow is "Goldencup". We dont have any problems with using weathershield on metal, but it needs brightening up with owatrol now and again. The last lot lasted 10years before needing redoing. All the best from the youngs. :)

The darker blue used by Bradley on the maintenance boats and craft that passed through the shops was equivalent to Pantone 294 (easily matched at a proper paint supplier, charts online too). This was essentially "Midnight Blue" and was made at Manders Wolverhampton. The chrome yellow is correct. Bradley also did not sign write most of the craft, they used stencils and the lettering was in straight lines with the odd curved name:

gallery_5000_522_100713.jpg

gallery_5000_522_105355.jpg