Canal Du Midi

steaming floater

Featured Posts

Very Helpful

Additionally, there is, I believe an advisory regarding the wearing of Breton shirts and strings of onions. The rumour of the regulation regarding the stowing of an old trade bike on the roof is, I am lead to believe, a fallacy. :cheers:

Additionally, there is, I believe an advisory regarding the wearing of Breton shirts and strings of onions. The rumour of the regulation regarding the stowing of an old trade bike on the roof is, I am lead to believe, a fallacy. :cheers:

But surely you can't really call it a Breton Shirt unless it was genuinely purchased by an old Breton boatman from that famous Breton canalside shop in Buck Longby . . .

If you want a serious reply I think you must be a little more specific with your question.

How do you intend to get this Narrowboat to the Midi. I do hope you have not been reading "That" book.

Unless you intend to truck it the whole way then there are a lot more canals to investigate first.

Your first source of information is the VNF Website. See link on my site.

Regards

Rupert

Sud's next project after the Caravelle was the Super Caravelle. That was merged with Bristol's very similar project. I cant see the likeness between a NB and the Ogee Delta though, thats why I settled for Caravelle - rear engine, blunt nose. I thought about having a pear shaped window but decided it was too difficult.

Steaming; Read the Narrow Dog and perhaps contact Terry Darlington, to be found I believe in the Star Pub at Stone (Trent & Mersey), scene of my near leg amputation.