Forum Behaviour and Etiquette

DHutch

Featured Posts

To all members.

In the light of recent posts and threads I would like to take the time to remind you that this site was set up to be a place to have friendly discussions on the topic of canals and canal using boats and s the forums owner and administrator it is my responsibility to protect the general well-being of the forum and ensure that it offers a good function to its members and is enjoyable to use.
I believe that disruptive, offensive and inflammatory posts, along with prolonged and often inane disputes between members is detrimental to the forum and and gets in the way of other members enjoying the forum and using it as it is intended to be used.

As a member of the forum you are expected to behave in a way which does not cause unreasonable upset to other forum members or is disruptive to the general well-being of the forum community.

Recently there have been a number of incidents involving a number of members where it has been felt that this not been the case. Hence all members are invited to take care and think very carefully before making a reply which is intended to upset or frustrate another member, or resorting to name calling or insulting or offensive language.

The attention of members is drawn, particularly, to the following extracts from the Forum Rules and Guidelines:

This forum is intended to be a family forum, and the language and terms used should reflect this. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, speculative, inaccurate, aimed to deceive, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, inflammatory, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or engage in illegal activities.
If found in breach of the rules members may be warned using the warn system. Members receiving three or more warnings, or found in major breach of forum rules will have their account suspended or access revoked. In addition members may have their account temporarily placed on to moderator approval or suspended while an appropriate longer term action is considered.

This post stands as a general warning that unreasonable, disruptive or inflammatory activity, either provoked or otherwise, will not be tolerated and that failure to refrain will result in warnings which may lead to suspensions or in extreme and cases may lead to offending members being given an indefinite ban to maintain the well being of the forum.

As part of this operation, I would also like to remind all members that they can help the moderation team to tackle issue on the forum be using the 'Report' button to alert us to posts or threads which my contain questionable content, as well as using there own posting ability to keep topic on track and remind others of the site guidelines.

This warning is not intended to suppress the generally humorous banter that frequently occurs the 'Virtual Pub' , however, it is to be taken as a serious message that should be considered with care.

For reference a full copy of the site rules can be found here and using the link at the bottom right of every page.

Thank you

Site Owner

Canal World Discussion Forums