They're dropping like flies

MHS

Featured Posts

Interesting point. Just found this explanation online :

Why does the area inside the rainbow look brighter than outside?

The light that causes the rainbow emerges out of water droplets at every possible angle up to the radius of the rainbow. So, the light that interacts with the droplets and which reaches your eyes, forms a disk of light, with the colored rainbow at its perimeter. Outside the rainbow, there is no light exiting raindrops in the way that produces the main rainbow. Hence this area appears darker than the area within the bow. The dark area outside the rainbow is called Alexander's dark band.

Not to be confused with Alexander's Ragtime Band.

Phil

Well I was out yesterday as I had to get home, no heating on board and a cold night forecast, and it was very tricky sideways going whenever there was room, passing other boats was the worst time as you have to straighten up. Did not see any trees down but had to stop and get the weed hatch open 4 times due to the amount of debris around.

Mooring was the hardest part as I have to reverse into my berth and with the bows being blown across by the wind you have a tiny margin of time when it is lined up before the bows goes past, just managed to get onto the pontoon with the stern and centre rope with the bow just going through the wind and pulled it back far enough that it was caught between the pontoon and the next door boat before the bows went too far although it was within microseconds of going past the point of no return and I would have been stranded on the pontoon watching the boat go careering across the marina on its own into other moored boats.

Wouldn't want to try it again in that weather, too close for comfort.

Lovely photo of a double rainbow...

Other half and crew are making good pace even in this weather. Picked up our new purchase on Sunday morning and are hurtling up the GU, mooring for the night at Kingswood junction, en route to Tattenhall marina. Making good time as they only started off from Ringstead on Sunday morning.