Bubble Testers (Best Price)

Androo

Featured Posts

I ve just had a mooch on ebay & just saw something that caught my eye . I may word this incorrectly ( apologies if so ) as i ve not heard of this thing before . It was called a Wade gas tester . It was a brass fitting that attached to gas pipes at either end . At the centre was a screw with a slot for a flathead screwdriver ( presumably ) .

I have one of these . The blurb described it as " used for testing gas systems on RV s , caravans & boats etc " .

So is this what the BSS chap will be looking for in order to test my gas supply ? I haven t the foggiest idea what its for & how it works but will this be sufficient ?

Sorry again for jumping in

cheers

Only if he's been certified as qualified to use a flathead screwdriver on a boat.

I ve just had a mooch on ebay & just saw something that caught my eye . I may word this incorrectly ( apologies if so ) as i ve not heard of this thing before . It was called a Wade gas tester . It was a brass fitting that attached to gas pipes at either end . At the centre was a screw with a slot for a flathead screwdriver ( presumably ) .

I have one of these . The blurb described it as " used for testing gas systems on RV s , caravans & boats etc " .

So is this what the BSS chap will be looking for in order to test my gas supply ? I haven t the foggiest idea what its for & how it works but will this be sufficient ?

Sorry again for jumping in

cheers

Aye - that's what the BSS chappie uses to affix his manometer to, (to test for gas leaks) -

Only if he's been certified as qualified to use a flathead screwdriver on a boat.

;)

You don't. Your BSS is valid till the date on the certificate. The examiner is covered because you weren't a liveaboard when he tested it so he was not then in contravention of the Regs explained by MtB. Next time, find a different examiner who isn't re-writing the rules to suit himself.

The rules on council tax are complicated. If you are residential talk to the RBOA. You can get a rebate every day you are not on the specific mooring which is liable for Council tax.

N

That's what I thought about the Cert. If it's been done then that's that I'm covered until the 4 yrs expire. I don't understand why he has told me this. After 4 yrs it's my choice whether I use him and, a Gas Cert Man or just find an examiner who is qualified to do the whole thing.

As for the council tax...... Does a marina need to be residential to apply council tax?