JS3M low oil indicator

Nds123

Featured Posts

Can any one please help

When starting and moving. Up the river for about 3 hours or so My oil indicator is reading around 15/20. However whilst I went below to check the engine I notesed the gage was showing 5/7

I have recently changed the anti freeze to 50/50 and I feel there may be some air in the system

I have been using the little brass tap on top of the exhaust box which some of the air is coming out.

Any help or advice would be most appreciated

The coolant will have no direct bearing on the oil pressure although it will drop as engine heats up.

The bleed tap at the top of the silencer is at the highest point on the engine so should allow all air to be purged providing the level of coolant in header tank is higher - typically this is kept two thirds full.

Differences in indicated oil pressure between roof and (lower) engine room oil pressure gauges were discussed recently on this forum. The one mounted higher will read lower due to head of oil it has to support - just over one psi lower on mine assuming gauges are accurate.

• 2 weeks later...