Dorman 4DSM

Featured Posts

I had an ex-Navy 2DSM some while back ( 28 years ago now!!). The glow plugs were then the same as Land Rover items. The plugs were insulated return series wired 2 or 3v types IIRC so that when one failed they all stopped working. On the 2DSM there were wire coil resistances on the control panel attached to the gearbox. For a 4DSM you would not need any/all of the resistances.

Take the plugs out. They are/were wire coil types, rather than the hot pin type for the BMC. It's easy to recognise which one has failed because the coil will be broken. A good auto factors should be able to match them with a Land Rover diesel item, especially if you take them a good one.

N

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

its 12 months to date, I got the plugs all sorted and after working on the in the interior of the old boat its now time to start on the engine, however I dont appear to be having much with the engine, well in terms of locating a restored engine...ive searched the tinternet and have found the running engine on youtube other than blank. Anyone out there have any images/ footage of the Dorman?

Also, if anyone knows of an engine for sale, spares/ repairs etc please drop me a line

best