Djuwenda

Featured Posts

Hi

my names Xavier, I am a 27 year liveboard, just found out about this place whilst pretending to work. I am a permanent cruiser usually found in Northants, Warwickshire or Leicestershire so as not to get too far away from work.

There arent that many message boards relating to life on the cut around and this certainly seems like a nice one.

I hope you dont mind If I start off with a question... I was wondering if anybody knows of a mail collection service, ie a person who would provide an address and that you could collect your mail from?

I am not even sure how that would stand legally?

Reason is my previous arrangements need to be changed and opening a PO box with Royal mail requires proof of address....

(oh, last thing, english is not my first language, so do expect some strange wordings and bad spellings...cheers )

Hi

my names Xavier, I am a 27 year liveboard, just found out about this place whilst pretending to work. I am a permanent cruiser usually found in Northants, Warwickshire or Leicestershire so as not to get too far away from work.

There arent that many message boards relating to life on the cut around and this certainly seems like a nice one.

I hope you dont mind If I start off with a question... I was wondering if anybody knows of a mail collection service, ie a person who would provide an address and that you could collect your mail from?

I am not even sure how that would stand legally?

Reason is my previous arrangements need to be changed and opening a PO box with Royal mail requires

proof of address....

(oh, last thing, english is not my first language, so do expect some strange wordings and bad spellings...cheers )

Hello and welcome. Great boat name!!

You can have your mail addressed to a mail drop which you will find in big towns. They will charge by the week. You could ask the local Chamber of Commerce where or what is available and yes it is legal.

Another place that might help is the local main library. Failing all of that, have a chat with your local newsagent. They do anything for money!!

Hello and welcome. Great boat name!!

You can have your mail addressed to a mail drop which you will find in big towns. They will charge by the week. You could ask the local Chamber of Commerce where or what is available and yes it is legal.

Another place that might help is the local main library. Failing all of that, have a chat with your local newsagent. They do anything for money!!

Actually, djuwenda is a acronym I tend to use on message boards, my boat is a 1979 trad 50ft called "Black Bottom Girl", which I think is a pretty cool name...

Thanks for the come back, I'll aproach my local newagent tonight and will come back to you if I get slapped :blush:

hi

you can have post delivered to any post office, its called post restaunt or something like that, no charge , it worked for me for 18 months.

cool, were you able to have bank, car insurance etc delivered?

I cant see my car insurance acceptnig that as an address, but surely my bank mobile phone bills etc should not be a problem. God knows I never thought of poste restante??

Edited by Djuwenda