CRT Press Release - Dates of Chief Exec's Open Boater Meetings

Leo No2

Featured Posts

FIRST DATES SET FOR CHIEF EXECUTIVES OPEN BOATER MEETINGS

Throughout 2014, the Canal & River Trusts Chief Executive, Richard Parry, will be hosting a series of open meetings for boaters and other waterway users across the country. The meetings will offer a chance to for people to informally air views on any local or national issues and open up channels of communication for any future consultations.

The first meetings will take place on:

• Thursday 23 January, 6pm Birmingham. The Bond, 180 - 182 Fazeley Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, B5 5SE.
  • Saturday 8 February, 3pm Nottingham. Waterfront, Castle Wharf, Canal Street, Nottingham, NG1 7EH.
  • Wednesday 26 February, 6pm Banbury. The Old Auctioneer, 44 Parsons Street, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 5NA.

Richard will host these open meetings regularly, seeking to hold them in each waterway over the year. Boaters with home moorings in the local area, and continuous cruisers who have been sighted nearby, will be contacted with email invitations. Anyone else who is interested is welcome to attend and the meeting details will be available on the Canal & River Trust website.

Richard Parry, chief executive at Canal & River Trust, said: As I announced in November, I want to make sure we listen carefully to views from the cut and openly share our ideas and plans for the future so that we get input from those whose commitment to our waterways is greatest to make sure our plans align with what our customers want. These informal open meetings are another opportunity for boaters and other users to speak directly to the Trust and I hope they encourage people to share their views and ideas.

If you know someone who may be interested in coming along please help spread the word and pass the details on to them.

If you would like to attend, please RSVP to fran.read@canalrivertrust.org.uk.

• 3 weeks later...

Ray T and Comfortably Numb went to last night's in Birmingham I believe. Any thoughts? Or from anyone else? I gather it was a very good turn out with lots of questions (some a bit lengthy). I'm heading for the Nottingham one so would be pleased to hear about the first one.