Beeston stone lock

andyb116

Featured Posts

I spoke to Neil Rice from CRT on Friday & he confirmed that the Beeston Iron & Stone Lock stoppages would be completed on time (by end of tomorrow) & that Tarvin Lock stoppage will commence on Monday. He has very kindly arranged this window through the stoppages to enable us to make our deliveries through to Ellesmere Port. However the emergency stoppage at Bache means we'll be winding in Chester.

Cheers, Brian

Great, we're tied up at Calverley & we'll be through the locks in the morning, heading for Chester in the rain ;-). I'm currently having a drink at the Tollemanche Arms, the Unicorn is borderline drinkable, but the Dizzy Blonde was like Vinegar & undrinkable, the Landlord didn't even have the decency to apologise. I'm now on the Guiness, but won't be coming back.

Cheers, Brian

Brian, just a word of warning, coming through the 2 beeston locks is quite unnerving because there is no leakage through the gates, (new experiance for me) unlike Wharton's lock, which does a good impression of a Wigan flight lock :-).

Andy

I doubt it, having sat with the landlady & chief/landlord tonight, I think if you asked you would get a pint no matter what time in the morning. Talking tonight, they recon this is the first winter there breaking even after some staff restructuring (as in, doing it all themselves in the winter when it's quiet).