Boat Search

Supermalc

Featured Posts

I am very pleased that this boat has been found. I hope it is returned asap.

I am sure that a suitable link from this site to a stolen boats site as well as a slot on the forum could be initiated. I belive that there are now two stolen narrow boats currently as I have trawled the web.

I think that owners should be looking at leaving their boats in a sterile condition which will make the actual theft of the boat almost impossible.

I'm convinced it's worth enhancing this existing site to better embrace canals, particularly as it has useful features like e-mail alerts built in.

Alan

If anyone has any suggestions, to improve the site let me know and I'll pass them on.

And the more people that get to know about it - the better.

Jon

If anyone has any suggestions, to improve the site let me know and I'll pass them on.

And the more people that get to know about it - the better.

Jon

Thanks for the offer.

Having just looked at the site, my first thoughts are: a picture is a must, then some information about the boat like colour scheme (which wouldn't have changed if we got this info quickly), engine, distinguishing features, in fact whatever the owner can tell us about the boat - at the moment there is just a picture a length and a builder, which doesn't help a lot

By the way, if you have a boat, why not take a picture or two of it asap, just in case yours is next to be stolen. I wonder how many owners don't have a recent picture of their boat?

Just a couple of thoughts

re Cragdale ok she had a dodgy bottom then so have a load of old girls (and boats) so why could not the insurers have excluded sinking but continue to inusure against fire theft etc?

re stolen boats generally - the IWA has branches through out the UK and HO can contact all secreaties quickly by email and those secreatries can then contact their committess and down the line it goes. When it was thought Cragdale was coming south i (Milton Keynes IWA)i was contacted and within 1/2 an hour had people on the look out but we could have been doing that Wednesday rather than Sunday

PS I'm a learner excuse any ba$*s ups

Having just looked at the site, my first thoughts are: a picture is a must, then some information about the boat like colour scheme (which wouldn't have changed if we got this info quickly), engine, distinguishing features, in fact whatever the owner can tell us about the boat - at the moment there is just a picture a length and a builder, which doesn't help a lot

By the way, if you have a boat, why not take a picture or two of it asap, just in case yours is next to be stolen. I wonder how many owners don't have a recent picture of their boat?

There is a facility to add a photograph and description of each stolen boat. The information shown has been entered either by the stolen boat's insurers or the police, and they can only list what information has been provided by the owners.

To re-iterate Canal Shop Man, keep a set of photos of your boat and a note any identifying marks. Some identifying marks can be kept private on the website to prevent the thieves looking at the site and then covering their tracks.

Finally the site's success will be dictated by the number of people who know of its existence. It has already been said on the forum, the only way in which we will beat the bad-guys, is to communicate more.

Jon