Complete Mobile Broadband setup for under £100

George Kennedy

Featured Posts

I know that the whole mobile broadband on board has been done to death on here but I thought I would share the details of my own setup which includes an antenna and a router for just under £100. If you are interested, I have published an article on my blog which you can read about here.

http://www.applebeesfarm.co.uk/?p=733

Feel free to ask about any aspect of the project.

Hi,

My "package" is £4.78 per month for 3GB with T mobile inc Huawei router. good thing with T mobile is when you go over your GB allowance they only slow you down - no cut off or extra charges

Only 3G but does all I need

Regards Ray

PS Cruising down the Manchester Ship Canal Tuesday if you see us wave

R.

Hi,

My "package" is £4.78 per month for 3GB with T mobile inc Huawei router. good thing with T mobile is when you go over your GB allowance they only slow you down - no cut off or extra charges

Only 3G but does all I need

Regards Ray

PS Cruising down the Manchester Ship Canal Tuesday if you see us wave

R.

I understood tmobile to be one of the more expensive 3g data providers; Julst looked at their web site and their offer for 3gb per month is 16.00/month. If you are getting it for 4.78 I would keep quiet about it!

Interesting to see the wide variety of broadband packages available.

One of benefits of the setup that I put together is that a sim from any provider will work without having to change any settings. If you have an unlocked dongle or mifi, that isn't always the case. It's always worth having a backup sim from a different provider for areas where reception is poor or non existent on the main provider's network. The beauty of this system is that changing provider takes just a few seconds with no setting changes since the interface is on the router and not on the dongle.