Bunk Beds

allybsc

Featured Posts

Had a lovely cruise down to Saltaire and back, what a fab place...only marred by the girls moaning about the fixed double in the middle of the boat, it is quite narrow so the child sleeping on the inside gets a bit squashed and we had far too much winging, we think the solution is bunk beds. I've searched the web and found a few pics to show the chap who we will ask to do the work but they are not ideal. I remember looking at Marquis No 237 when it was up for sale (I would have bought it if it hadn't gone by the time I got my house money) and it had a lovely bunk room, that's what I want but the pics are not available any more for obvious reasons......anyone got any opinions re bunks? or any pictures???

Ta :D

I've built bunk beds in mine, I dont have a computer at home at the moment so cant share any pics at present. Can give you some measurements if you want so you could sketch them up.

But its fairly simple and I'm certainly no joiner. They have really worked out well though, with a wardrobe built in alongside, giving a sort of cubby hole effect at the sleeping end. Kids love this kind of thing eh?

I've built bunk beds in mine, I dont have a computer at home at the moment so cant share any pics at present. Can give you some measurements if you want so you could sketch them up.

But its fairly simple and I'm certainly no joiner. They have really worked out well though, with a wardrobe built in alongside, giving a sort of cubby hole effect at the sleeping end. Kids love this kind of thing eh?

That's the sort of thing I'd seen, we thought if we could get two full width single beds in with a couple of skinny cupboards it would seem more of a bedroom, could perhaps put some sliding doors on for total privacy...12year olds are notoriously shy when it comes to getting changed, permanent queue for the bathroom in the morning too

That's the sort of thing I'd seen, we thought if we could get two full width single beds in with a couple of skinny cupboards it would seem more of a bedroom, could perhaps put some sliding doors on for total privacy...12year olds are notoriously shy when it comes to getting changed, permanent queue for the bathroom in the morning too

Ive got sliding doors too! :D

I've used heavy duty draw sliders, the sort used on filing cabinets but heavier. Telescopic. Fitted these flat against the wall about 300mm from floor and ceiling. This then elimnates any need for hanging sliders or any need for guides on the floor.

However the main reason I used this method was because I had them :D