Peterborough To Preston Via River Thames

Peter G

Featured Posts

Hi everybody.

I am 55 years old this year and not terribly mobile. But I have acquired my first boat for 30 years and would appreciate some help on her first epic journey.

Looking to set off next week, around 4th or 5th august and expect this to take 6 weeks or longer.

So, looking for volunteers who would like to share some or all of this epic voyage with me as I do not have the confidence to do it single handed.

I am looking for boaters who can hold an intelligent conversation and are experienced in boating.

This would be on a shared cost basis.

Please pm me if you are interested in sharing some or all of this trip with me.

Why the River Thames? If it won't fit up the Northampton arm it wont go through the midlands so its a lorry job or maybe down to the Thames, K&A and up the west coast if the boat is suitable.

Then, maybe you just fancy the longer trip, but I would not fancy making a trip any longer than necessary on a boat I had not got to know very well.

the boat is less than 7 foot beam so will fit anywhere.

I am going via the thames simply because that is where i want to cruise. Sure I can choose much quicker routes,,,,,then what, cruise up and down the lancaster like a yoyo?

Cruising (for me) is for pleasure. Therefore, the longer the cruise, the more pleasure can be had. And oh yes, I know there may be many problems on route but that is for me, part of the experience.

The best way to get to know a boat well is surely to cruise them? wouldn't get used to the boat if travelling up and down the motorways on the back of a trailer.

• Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...