Stoves with back boiler

robsusiecuttlefish

Featured Posts

We're just looking to buy a stove with backboiler for our 65' narrowboat. We already have a little Wenlock in the saloon but we need a fairly small but powerful stove for the study/engine room. It would need to heat our water tank and two radiators + towel rail. We like the Villager Puffin Stove as it is quite compact and just wondered if anyone had any experience of it - good or bad?

Rob & Susie

NB Cuttlefish

Smaller than the squiral?

- Otherwise, its got to be the number choice.

Daniel

Squirrel definately, mine sends out a loop of rads all around the 57ft boat, towel rail,and on to the calorifier. Unfortunately I dont get free hot water from my Lister air cooled engine, so it works fine.

My latest idea is to fit flap valves on the system and link it to the alde boiler so that when the stove goes under temperature the aldi will fire up untill the stove gets hotter etc..

Dont ask me what a flap valve is I have an electrician who is my source of all things mystical.