Comastic

Featured Posts

Have just finished blacking my boat over this very wet weekend which has proved rather fun (!!) I had the hull grit blasted when I got the boat 14 years ago and have blacked it every two years including the baseplate using either Comastic or Coflex VT. This has worked really well with no pitting since, so for those of you who are not sure about blacking baseplates I wouldnt hesitate!

This time I have found that the tins of Comastic varied in consistency from the usual slighly runny to something that would be better applied with a trowel than a roller! Luckily I had enough thinners to enable it to be used! The paint all had the same batch number and about 3 tins were thicker. Has anybody else had this trouble lately before I get in contact with Spencer Coatings to question their quality control!

Have just finished blacking my boat over this very wet weekend which has proved rather fun (!!) I had the hull grit blasted when I got the boat 14 years ago and have blacked it every two years including the baseplate using either Comastic or Coflex VT. This has worked really well with no pitting since, so for those of you who are not sure about blacking baseplates I wouldnt hesitate!

This time I have found that the tins of Comastic varied in consistency from the usual slighly runny to something that would be better applied with a trowel than a roller! Luckily I had enough thinners to enable it to be used! The paint all had the same batch number and about 3 tins were thicker. Has anybody else had this trouble lately before I get in contact with Spencer Coatings to question their quality control!

No but I have used Comastic since my boat was new 15years ago. Time has come for a good fettling this winter before extensive cruising next year ( I retire in November). I had always put down the consistency/viscosity with temperature differences, but I guess this is not the case for you.

Tony :rolleyes: