Any linear moorings available

Featured Posts

Hi

We are after linear mooring for our 70ft boat. We are currently at kings bromley wharf and it is a complete rip off! Costs us over £100 a month in electric and £60 a week to moor. We have been living on our boat now for 6 years so water and electric point was needed.

We are currently leaving the wharf end of the month and are taking a year out to enjoy the water ways :-)

We are also looking to buy a house so need a location to moor the boat cheaper than £60 a week. Great Haywood and kings Bromley marina won't go below £50 a week but we don't need any amenities, the boat is well appointed to be self sufficient . The boat will not be lived on in its new mooring, weekends away and holidays only.

We just missed out in a house with a mooring for 70ft :-( and haven't seen any other property in our price range with a 70ft mooring. So it looks like we will be buying a house away from canal, so need to moor the boat a a nice but cheaper location.

If any one knows of anywhere please let me know,

Thanks for reading

Hi

We are after linear mooring for our 70ft boat. snip

we don't need any amenities, the boat is well appointed to be self sufficient . The boat will not be lived on in its new mooring, weekends away and holidays only.

If any one knows of anywhere please let me know,

Why not just an ordinary farm mooring? I moor on the Macc for about £350 a year (plus CART licences, obviously) for a 40ft boat. 70ft moorings are a bit sparser, but they are around. Some farm moorings are OK about living on, others (mine included) aren't. But they are all a whole lot cheaper than marinas, and all you need to do as you cruise around this year is spot a gap in a line of boats somewhere you like the look of and nip in and chat to the farmer.

Why not just an ordinary farm mooring? I moor on the Macc for about £350 a year (plus CART licences, obviously) for a 40ft boat. 70ft moorings are a bit sparser, but they are around. Some farm moorings are OK about living on, others (mine included) aren't. But they are all a whole lot cheaper than marinas, and all you need to do as you cruise around this year is spot a gap in a line of boats somewhere you like the look of and nip in and chat to the farmer.

Thanks

Never really thought about farm moorings, before, we lived on our boat so needed electric supply and water for ease, now we can choose a nice location with no amenities,

Thanks