Solar Panels

Serenity Malc

Featured Posts

Yello,

I've noticed a glut of the panels shown in the picture below being available on an auction site at about £70 odd a throw. They have alledgedly 2 years useage but obviously are 2008 manufacture with some slight discolouration. 170 watts.

Please any info or experience with would be appreciated as I'm not able to make perfect sense of them from the tech spec label.

1fd213d5b4d6454387eb88e.jpg

Thanks Malc.

Edited by Serenity Malc

Yello,

I've noticed a glut of the panels shown in the picture below being available on an auction site at about £70 odd a throw. They have alledgedly 2 years useage but obviously are 2008 manufacture with some slight discolouration. 170 watts.

Please any info or experience with would be appreciated as I'm not able to make perfect sense of them from the tech spec label.

1fd213d5b4d6454387eb88e.jpg

Thanks Malc.

At the end of the day I would ignore the stated 2 year use, they were built in 2008 and I would make the assumption they weren't on the shelf 3 years and assume they're 5 years old usage.

Bearing in mind a 20 year life expectancy on most panels this still gives you a good 15 years at probably good collettion rate. The cost at just over 40p per watt is pretty reasonable considering, so a pretty good deal and a cheap way into solar. It would be good to check the current output on a hot day, might be difficult though. If the panels have indeed only been used for 2 years hen it's quite a bargain IMO

Edited by Julynian

Just make sure its not the very large batch of non UV proof panels that are doing the rounds at the min.

They were fitted & removed as the UV was discolouring them. Its only going to get worse & they are not cheap enough to make it worth the risk.