Caraboat on eBay

kienik

Featured Posts

Hi There

Just to add this boat "Mirage" was featured on the programme Waterworld some years ago, Also there was an article in Canal& Riverboat written by Andy Talbot about caraboats featuring "Mirage" (Feb 2004). Reading that prompted me to buy mine, and sell my Freeman. They are just great,and IMHO greatly undervalued, we keep ours ashore, and go where we want to, not tied to any canal, navigation authority or country, we sometimes use it as a caravan on land.

best of luck with the sale,

neilm

(I haven't looked at the listing)

They're potentially great little boats, 12 ft. ? long so quite tiny with not al loot of room for anythnig.

The principal advantage is that they have their own built in trailer - just hitch it up and off you go, more flexible than the smallest Sea Otter and much cheaper.

There was one on the river Wey called "Ron's A Wey" - think the owner got a lot of fun out of it.

Seemed to be a clamshell fibreglass construction (that's where "tupperware" originated not because boats were ugly.

Rons A Wey is still on the Wey. Moored just downstream of the Pelican at Addlestone. Sadly doesn't seem to get used much these days.

Well Mirage sold this evening on eBay at a fantastic price of £2500,

We hoped she would make a bit more but the owner is really pleased at the price, she is going to Telford in Shropshire to a couple that are completely new to boating but have so e experience of caravanning so I guess it could be an omen.

Really pleased the boat met the reserve, mirage is being towed out next Tuesday and will be on the road to Shropshire.

Thanks for the comments on here and Brian (the vendor) will no doubt love his new 30 foot steel NB. Give him a wave if you pass him he will be on NB Kalmdowne on the shroppie and Llangollen for the next few months.

Great result for him and the new owners

Hi Kienik

Congratulations on the sale of "Mirage" and I hope the new owners enjoy owning her, and Brian enjoys his new Narrowboat, can you tell them about the Caraboat forum as we have information on Caraboats and footage of "Mirage" also with so few boats left we need to try and keep in touch with each other,

bye for now

neil m

Hi Kienik

Congratulations on the sale of "Mirage" and I hope the new owners enjoy owning her, and Brian enjoys his new Narrowboat, can you tell them about the Caraboat forum as we have information on Caraboats and footage of "Mirage" also with so few boats left we need to try and keep in touch with each other,

bye for now

neil m

Hi Nik, its Pam and Stu xxxx Thank you for your help with buying "Mirage", All set to see you Tuesday PM, will call over the weekend to confirm times, We are planning on giving her some TLC and excited to make her ours.

Take care Pam and Stu :) :) :) :)

Hi Nik, its Pam and Stu xxxx Thank you for your help with buying "Mirage", All set to see you Tuesday PM, will call over the weekend to confirm times, We are planning on giving her some TLC and excited to make her ours.

Take care Pam and Stu :) :) :) :)

Pam Stu,

Hope you will both be very happy with Mirage, she is a great little boat and I'm sure you will have loads of fun with her, I have been in the canal today with chest waders on reattaching the tow hitch,was a freezing cold day and not a nice job to do, Brian took the hitch off a few months ago to overhaul it and repaint it.

He has now cleared all of his personal bits off her and she looks great, I've taken some more photos of her today internally, if you'd like me to email them to you then PM me with your email address and ill send them over to you.

Once again congrats with winning mirage

See you next week

Nik

"YES PLEASE" Nik would love to see the fotos, have just text you but just to make sure my email is Archibald1963@yahoo.co.uk

Sounds like Stu will be busy, :rolleyes: so first on the list is a pair of those extra long rubber wellies then !!!!!