HA2 oil pressure relief valve

vintagescubaman

Featured Posts

Hi everybody

I have spent today doing my tappets and giving the engine an oil and fuel filter change on my HA2, but I digress! I want to change the spring in my oil pressure relief valve, but was hoping for confirmation on its location. I presume that its behind the crank case access plate? I haven't removed it to check yet as I haven't got a spare gasket (something to order tomorrow!)Can anybody cnfirm if this is the case?

cheers

Hi everybody

I have spent today doing my tappets and giving the engine an oil and fuel filter change on my HA2, but I digress! I want to change the spring in my oil pressure relief valve, but was hoping for confirmation on its location. I presume that its behind the crank case access plate? I haven't removed it to check yet as I haven't got a spare gasket (something to order tomorrow!)Can anybody cnfirm if this is the case?

cheers

Yes. I can't remember how good the access is, though.

You don't always have to renew the crankcase door gasket every time. It's a length of 'O' ring cord, if need be you could get some from an engineering supplier/bearing house etc. Don't overtighten the door, you'll distort it, and make sure there's a copper washer under the nut.

Tim