Webasto / Eberspacher installation costs

Chalky

Featured Posts

I'm just working out the costs of adding a diesel boiler to the boat heating system and although I can get some of the costs I've got a couple of questions related to parts and fitment. The intention is to source the boiler from a scrap yard / ebay.

The exhaust obviously needs a skin fitting to go through the hull - do I need to use a fancy stainless steel one or can I use the type used for the sink drains and can it be brass or does it need to be stainless?

I'm thinking of connecting the diesel supply to the CAV filter using one of the blanked off outlets. How easily available are the parts to do this?

Fuel line - needs to be small diameter - will copper brake pipe work or do I need to buy special pipe?

I'm still at the planning stage and obviously want to do it properly however I'm looking for cost saving opportunities. All thoughts gratefully accepted.

I'm just working out the costs of adding a diesel boiler to the boat heating system and although I can get some of the costs I've got a couple of questions related to parts and fitment. The intention is to source the boiler from a scrap yard / ebay.

The exhaust obviously needs a skin fitting to go through the hull - do I need to use a fancy stainless steel one or can I use the type used for the sink drains and can it be brass or does it need to be stainless?

I'm thinking of connecting the diesel supply to the CAV filter using one of the blanked off outlets. How easily available are the parts to do this?

Fuel line - needs to be small diameter - will copper brake pipe work or do I need to buy special pipe?

I'm still at the planning stage and obviously want to do it properly however I'm looking for cost saving opportunities. All thoughts gratefully accepted.

Hi, I fit, Supply, Maintain and carry out fault diagnostics on both Webasto & eberspacher. The Exhaust can be a brass, chrome fitting with a hose tail to match the inner diameter of the Exhaust hose. The Stainless ones look nice but are not always neccessary.

The parts are easily obtainable to connect a fuel line from the CAV filter top to supply the webasto. You can buy a seperate filter for the heater if you wanted to ensure that the fuel is clean.

When you buy the heater kit it comes with a length of copper tube to install the boiler with so no need for brake pipe.

Hope this helps you?

Cheers.