Lead Calcium batteries

John V

Featured Posts

I have a 24v battery bank of 2 Delkor 140AH calcium batteries, They arrived as part of my re-engine package from Watermotor 10 years ago. They have spent 5 years as the engine bank and a further 5 as the domestic bank the "leisure batteries" that were their replacement are now starting to deteriorate but the Delkors are sill in perfect nick and have been pressed back into service as the engine bank.

I understand that the 140AH size is no longer imported and that the largest available is now 110AH . The main reason for this entry is to find out if anyone else has used these batteries and found them as good, or if I have just been very lucky.

I will shortly need to replace my anchor winch bank as well as a new domestic set so it would be interesting to hear comments

Have you actually checked their website as it would appear that they go well beyond 140Ahr - Delkor battery

Yeah thanks for the idea,but try and find anyone in the UK that sells them

edit. sorry that looks a bit rude in print, certainly wasn't meant to be, should have been phrased.. thanks for the suggestion but have tried all the stockists I can find in the UK and none do bigger than 110 AH...

Edited by John V

That is actually quite typical of most battery stockists - they only carry those they can sell "lots" of - have you tried the contact given on the website, they may be of more use than a dealer (but may be as much use as a chocolate fire guard...)