Broken hatch cover lock

DomX

Featured Posts

Hi, sorry to hijack the topic but it seems like a good place to ask. I have a lock similar to the one here http://www.lockmonster.co.uk/images/products/642/images/Chubb%208001%20Window%20Security%20Bolts-L17735.jpg mounted inside my steel front door that ideally I would like to replace with something which takes an individual key, rather than a key anybody can just go out and buy. Does anybody know if the lock you're talking about here might fit in the same space (door is about 30mm thick) or is it much fatter?

Doug, the lock I suggested for OP is a face fit lock and i'm sure not what you would want. I cant see an alternative to the lock you have with a standard type key. Possible option would be a draw lock, (as used in chest of draws) but in my opinion wouldn't be very secure

As the title suggests, the bolt lock on the inside of my hatch cover has broken. Does anyone know where I might be able to buy a replacement?

Pic here: DSC01229

Thanks,

Dom.

That is an ERA Universal Pressbolt available from a good Locksmith, or if you are Ok with a white finish (as opposed to electro-plated brass) then you can get them at Wickes; Product Code: 520822 £8.99

The link given for an item on ebay is NOT the same lock!

Edited by Rojo

That is an ERA Universal Pressbolt available from a good Locksmith, or if you are Ok with a white finish (as opposed to electro-plated brass) then you can get them at Wickes; Product Code: 520822 £8.99

The link given for an item on ebay is NOT the same lock!

Thanks a lot Rojo... much appreciated :D

Dom.