boat did not fit in the locks

nora

Featured Posts

Hello, my son was telling me this morning that he had been talking to a chap at the marina, who told him that he had had a 70ft NB built , and fitted out, and when it was finished he was so proud of it, but when he took the boat out it would not fit in the locks beam wise, he measured it, 6-10", what was wrong? turns out the boat was not straight, it was misaligned lenthwise and that was stopping it getting in the locks, the company did build him another boat,but I have never heard of this before,is it a well known thing? or was the chap pulling my sons leg? Nora.

Hello, my son was telling me this morning that he had been talking to a chap at the marina, who told him that he had had a 70ft NB built , and fitted out, and when it was finished he was so proud of it, but when he took the boat out it would not fit in the locks beam wise, he measured it, 6-10", what was wrong? turns out the boat was not straight, it was misaligned lenthwise and that was stopping it getting in the locks, the company did build him another boat,but I have never heard of this before,is it a well known thing? or was the chap pulling my sons leg? Nora.

I have heard of such 'banana boats' before, they have been mentioned on here I'm pretty sure.

I have been involved in remedial work on several boat that had been stretched & the places they joined up were a bit [Dogs hind leg]I don`t know that they couldn`t get through locks although I know that one of them got stuck in Hurleston on one occasion