Morco D61e................

jckm2000

Featured Posts

.....Short or long flue?

I'd like to fit the short one if possible. Can I?

Cheers,

C.

You can fit a flue any length you like but I find it's best to use one at least long enough to reach the hole in the roof....

:D

But more seriously, its a game of chicken, with your time and effort. The shorter the flue, the less likely it is to work. You can only find out if it works by fitting it and testing it. Best to fit a flue with at least 12" from the top of the appliance to the roof, then 12"-15" of external flue for a high chance of it passing your next BSS.

Make sure you fit the correct flue terminal.

Actually, getting picky, your question demonstrates you are not competent to be installing a gas appliance. Do you know how to test the operation of the flue once you've installed it?

Mike

.....Short or long flue?

I'd like to fit the short one if possible. Can I?

Cheers,

C.

You can fit a flue any length you like but I find it's best to use one at least long enough to reach the hole in the roof....

But more seriously, its a game of chicken, with your time and effort. The shorter the flue, the less likely it is to work. You can only find out if it works by fitting it and testing it. Best to fit a flue with at least 12" from the top of the appliance to the roof, then 12"-15" of external flue for a high chance of it passing your next BSS.

Actually, getting picky, your question demonstrates you are not competent to be installing a gas appliance. Do you know how to test the operation of the flue once you've installed it?

Mike

Mike

Not really, it's just that I've seen two distinct lengths of flue terminal sold with this boiler. I used to be a plumber, many years ago but still competent. I also do understand the importance of testing the unit after fitting. I'll have the entire installation checked through by a good friend who is a currently working heating engineer.

I wanted to know whether to buy the short terminal or the long one.....

Cheers.

C.