Local Knowledge You Require.

Supermalc

Featured Posts

The Witham.

In Lincoln it is advisable not to moor in the Brayford Pool as this is now lined with pubs/clubs and is usually noisy.

If the BW mooring is filled, there are usually spaces to be found close by, although these are strictly speaking only for long term mooring. As long as you are not leaving your boat, and so can move if necessary, there should be no problem.

Towards Boston, stop at the frequent moorings to view. Interest is in the old railway memorabelia. Walk up onto the old Tattershall road bridge for a picture postcard scene. Overnight mooring at the White Horse, Packet Inn and Orchard Park are free when you buy a meal, or a pint.

Edited by Supermalc

Fradley Junction ..... from Paranoidmarvin.

Ok - my limited local knowledge - thinking of mooring anywhere near Fradley Junction? Depending on which way your headed, either a) moor up on the towpath in Ravenshaw Wood for the night - can be a 'little' tight in terms of going ever so slightly aground for the night - but it's very VERY peaceful. cool.gif Headed the other way? The towpath past the bottom lock at Fradley is very peaceful and you avoid the risk of not being able to get on 'proper' moorings in Alrewas, however if you do press on to Alrewas the Steak & Ale Pie at the George & Dragon is legendary (or so my wife informs me).

• 6 months later...